Bob

Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 8, 2010

11.5 Things. Thing #5

I have had a Facebook page for just over a year now. I like it because I get to keep up with my many friends in ways that I would not ordinarily have. It keeps me in touch with them and their lives when I normally would be estranged. Facebook has also brought old friends of 10, 15, 20, and even 30 years apart back to me. I do not like having thousands of friends like some do. I do not see the purpose in that and I do not know how anybody could keep up with that many anyway. I just reserve my friends to the ones who mean the most to me. Even so, I still have 109 friends. I don't post very often to Facebook because I don't feel I have much to say that anybody would be interested in even though my friends usually do. I will post pictures or web articles from time to time. I have not Twittered before today so I do not have much to say about this. I don't see myself as a Twitter person because I do not care what one ate for dinner or if one is going to buy shoes. However, I can see some use for it when events happen or groups want to communicate. As for school, I could see a class project being facilitated by Facebook as a place to communicate 24/7. Twitter could be used to back channel things that the teacher is teaching. Again, this could be used in a project. Of course, the students would have to be interested in the subject enough to want to back channel.

No comments: