Bob

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 17, 2010

11.5 Things. Thing #10

I joined Second Life and another one I can't remember. I know I had to deal with a bunch of British girls. These sites can be fun for many but do not do much for me. I would much rather spend my time in the real world. That being said, I can see this technology finding itself in the educational technology of the future. In fact, I worked with a librarian in my district this summer who already uses it. She showed us how it can be used to bring people to many places that they would not be able to visit in real life. A geography or foreign language class can use this to visit foreign lands. There are also places like the Capital of Texas to visit or under the ocean. A teacher of librarian can use these places to augment an already existing lesson.

No comments: