Bob

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing#11

I found Library Thing quite interesting. I can see how it can be a great place to spend some time. I may not be in the 50 largest library category but I do have several hundred books at home that I've read. I never have had the urge to sell them to Half Priced Books although that's where I do a lot of my shopping. I can't seem to part with my books. I guess I just like to look back at them as trophies or maybe have a more physical representation of how many I have read. Library Thing can also be a neat supplement to this idea. I was a bit overwhelmed by the idea of cataloging all of my books. I do not have that much free time, except maybe in the summer. I did see the CueCat tool for scanning books. I would very likely get this as it would make this job much easier and it costs surprisingly little. I can see this as a tool in the school library. One could start a book club or a peer book review in the library. Library Thing could facilitate this idea. I have not found any groups that interest me yet but I am still looking.

No comments: